- Our Work
- Access to Services
- Aging & Disabilities
- Children and Youth
- Coordinated Community Response
- Economic Justice
- Health Care
- Homicide Prevention & Reporting
- National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
- Outreach to Underserved Communities
- Public Policy
- Rural & Tribal
- Technology Safety
- Teen Dating Violence
- Wisconsin Batterers Treatment Providers Association
Action Alert: VAWA Re-authorization is Here! Call Senator Johnson.
Please call Senator Johnson and ask him to co-sponsor this important and historic re-authorization.
The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) is due for reauthorization. Senators Patrick Leahy (D-VT) and Mike Crapo (R-ID), are set to introduce a bipartisan bill to reauthorize and improve VAWA! We need to get a good list of cosponsors to keep the re-authorization process on track. You can help by calling Senator Johnson (202-224-5323) and asking him to support and co-sponsor the re-authorization of the VAWA.
Here are some talking points:
- We know that Senator Johnson cares about ending domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking.
- The Violence Against Women Act is critical to our ability to address these crimes in Wisconsin.
- Economic analysis has shown VAWA saves billions of dollars and countless lives.
- We are asking for you to be a co-sponsor of the Leahy/Crapo bill.
- Please contact Anya McMurray or Noah Bookbinder at (202) 224-7703 to sign on to the bill
Email me, email@example.com, if you have any questions.
Thanks again for your tremendous advocacy and efforts!