- Our Work
- Access to Services
- Aging & Disabilities
- Children and Youth
- Coordinated Community Response
- Economic Justice
- Health Care
- Homicide Prevention & Reporting
- National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
- Outreach to Underserved Communities
- Public Policy
- Rural & Tribal
- Technology Safety
- Teen Dating Violence
- Wisconsin Batterers Treatment Providers Association
DV & Substance Abuse: Question & Answer Sessions for Executive Directors III
When:April 28 from 1-2:30 PM
We've had numerous conversations with local programs directors and advocates about the challenges they face, when working with victims who have multiple trauma histories involving substance abuse. Let's talk about strategies for working through these issues! Please join us for one of three conference calls with special guest Patti Bland, Substance Abuse Specialist at the National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma & Mental Health facilitated by Diane Wolff.
Registration is limited to 10 executive directors of WI domestic violence programs for each call. The calls will be recorded but will not be publicly available.
Directors can discuss areas of concern such as:
- Impact of domestic violence and substance abuse in shelter settings (concerns related to group living, children, role of the advocate and our programs)
- Practical tools for staff to use when working with families experiencing domestic violence and substance abuse (safety planning, harm reduction, empowerment, advocacy and options)
- How to help program participants and staff feel safer
- Supporting advocates in their work
- Juggling multiple concerns
Click HERE to register.
Print a flyer with this information by clicking on the link below.