- Our Work
- Access to Services
- Aging & Disabilities
- Children and Youth
- Coordinated Community Response
- Economic Justice
- Health Care
- Homicide Prevention & Reporting
- National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
- Outreach to Underserved Communities
- Public Policy
- Rural & Tribal
- Technology Safety
- Teen Dating Violence
- Wisconsin Batterers Treatment Providers Association
Bilingual Outreach Advocate
Employer:UNIDOS Against Domestic Violence
UNIDOS Against Domestic Violence
Job Title: Bilingual Outreach Advocate
Job Type: Part time (20 hours a week)
Mission: UNIDOS Against Domestic Violence is a statewide organization of Latino and non-Latino women and men, whose mission is to provide a bridge to a safe environment through needs assessment, direct support, referral, education, training and collaboration to break the cycle of domestic violence in Latino communities, one family at a time.
The Bilingual Outreach Advocate, under the supervision of the Executive Director, will carry out program work in all three of UNIDOS’ focal areas:
building healthy relationships across the lifespan within Latino/immigrant/migrant communities
developing leadership skills among survivors and others in our communities
building allies and collaborations with service providers and others to better provide culturally appropriate Sexual Assault and related services for our communities
This work will be implemented through educational workshops, support groups, training and technical assistance, and public presentations.
These activities will be carried out in Dane county of Wisconsin.
1. Intake for clients who request services and referral to appropriate resources.
2. Support and facilitate the growth and development of Mujeres Adelante (M.A.-Women Moving Forward)
Identify natural community leaders;
Provide training to new and existing members of M.A.
3. Establish sustainable relationships between UNIDOS and local Sexual Assault (SA) service providers and other local community agencies.4. Represent UNIDOS and network with SA and other service providers at local, state and national levels.
5. Coordinate and facilitate a support group for Spanish-speaking victims of SA in Dane County.
6. Plan and implement educational programs for SA Service providers, other organizations and the Latino community.
7. Maintain program data and statistics. Submit monthly reports to Executive Director.
8. Continue education and updates on sexual assault issues and the concerns of the Latino immigrant/migrant community by attending project-appropriate trainings, networking meetings, and conferences.
9. Meet with Executive Director on a regular basis to address quality of program implementation.
10. Other duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate must be bilingual (English/Spanish) and bicultural. S/he must be knowledgeable and/or experienced in working with victims of sexual assault either through her/his own experience and/or training. The candidate must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s license and be willing to travel within the state and within her/his designated area of coverage. S/he must have good computer skills, preferably Microsoft Office. The individual must be a self-starter and be able to demonstrate the ability to accomplish the goals and objectives of UNIDOS, working independently and with minimal supervision. S/he must be willing to be flexible and feel comfortable working in a variety of professional and community settings. Public speaking experience a plus.
Send your resume and cover letter by Friday, November 9, 2012 before 4pm to:
UNIDOS Against Domestic Violence
Attention: Executive Director
128 East Olin Avenue
Madison, WI 53713
Fax: (608) 256-1223
Attention: Cecilia Gillhouse, Executive Director
Deadline for applications:November 9, 2012 4:00 pm
Contact:Cecilia Gillhouse, Executive Director