- Our Work
- Access to Services
- Aging & Disabilities
- Children and Youth
- Coordinated Community Response
- Economic Justice
- Health Care
- Homicide Prevention & Reporting
- National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
- Outreach to Underserved Communities
- Public Policy
- Rural & Tribal
- Technology Safety
- Teen Dating Violence
- Wisconsin Batterers Treatment Providers Association
Children/Youth Prevention and Outreach Coordinator
Employer:End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Advocacy, the Children and Youth (CY) Coordinator is a full time, exempt position. The CY Coordinator will work to build the capacity of Wisconsin domestic abuse programs and allies by supporting innovative and developmentally-appropriate children/youth/teen services and resources. The CY Coordinator will lead the development and implementation of comprehensive prevention strategies and response to adolescent/teen relationship abuse, promoting healthy relationships and working to change social norms. The CY Coordinator will bring together diverse voices and perspectives, inspiring new and strategic alliances to meet the needs of diverse children/youth/teens exposed to and/or experiencing domestic abuse or dating violence. Strategies to achieve this occur through provision of training and technical assistance to domestic and sexual violence programs, outreach to and leadership development of teens representing diverse groups, and coordination/collaboration with the systems that engage children and families to prevent and intervene in domestic/dating violence and other forms of abuse.
- Provide training and technical support to build the capacity of domestic violence services providers in their development and provision of services to children and teens.
- Lead efforts with domestic violence programs to incorporate prevention messages, strategies and evaluation into programming and services.
- Collaborate with the End Domestic Abuse WI Outreach Team (REACH Coordinators) to engage in outreach activities to bring together diverse voices and perspectives, inspiring new and strategic alliances to meet the needs of diverse children/youth/teens exposed to and/or experiencing domestic abuse or dating violence.
- Engage formal systems that intersect with parents and child witnesses to violence/victims of child abuse in effort to inform, coordinate, and develop services that support and enhance non-violent parent/child relationships and enhance child/youth safety.
See job packet (file name: CY Coordinator Job Packet 2014.pdf) below for full description of responsibilities and duties.
It is the responsibility of every End Abuse employee to uphold the mission and vision of this agency. End Abuse works to advance the principle that all people have the right to a life free of oppression and violence. We work to foster change in our economic, social and political systems and bring leadership expertise and best practices to Wisconsin domestic abuse programs and communities engaged in ending domestic violence.
It is also an expectation that on the individual level all staff members will work to further their personal capacity to foster an environment of cultural inclusivity and sensitivity that is the foundation for all our work.
We are looking for a person who is fascinated by ideas and who can bring new perspective to complex challenges. Additionally, the CY Coordinator should embrace the philosophy of “stretch the circle wider” and seek opportunities to bring together diverse teen voices to prevent intimate partner violence, building empowerment and hope for an oppression-free future.
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children/youth , the impact of trauma on children/youth/teens and strategies to incorporate into programming/services;
- Knowledge of the principles of primary prevention and effective education strategies with youth;
- Knowledge of community organizing strategies, particularly with youth/teens;
- Knowledge of intervention/prevention strategies with teens experiencing dating violence;
- Knowledge of evaluation methods for children/youth/prevention programming;
- Knowledge and ability to coordinate and collaborate with systems impacting children/youth (schools, child welfare, youth development, runaway programs, justice/correctional programs, and health care, etc.)
- Strong ability to connect with diverse groups of advocates and the youth they represent;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage concurrent projects;
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; ability to learn and utilize additional forms of technology preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and/or access to reliable private transportation or vehicle and insurance for statewide travel.
*Spanish or Hmong language fluency a plus.
This position is based in Madison, WI.
COMPENSATION: $36,000-$38,000/year. End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer offering an extensive compensation package including salary, paid time off (3 weeks vacation in the first year, sick time, personal time, and holidays), short and long term disability, life insurance, 401k, and flexible benefit (currently $10,000/year for full-time/40 hr/week employees--pro-rated for part time employees) to be applied toward health, dental, vision, 401k and/or salary.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit a complete application package, including:
- The END ABUSE application form (attached below),
- A current resume,
- A cover letter,
- A one-page essay describing your understanding of domestic violence, and
- Information about how to contact you for an interview.
For early consideration, you must include all of the above listed information and submit your complete application by July 17, 2014 at 4:30pm CST.
Please send (mail or drop off) your complete application to: End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin/HIRING COMMITTEE - 1245 E Washington Ave, Suite 150, Madison, WI 53703
Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: 608.255.3560
*PLEASE READ full job description and check application requirements listed above. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure to complete the Fillable Employment App FORM which is attached below in two different formats (use whichever format works best for you - either the .pdf OR the .docx).
End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, empowerment and social justice.
Deadline for applications:July 17, 2014 at 4:30pm