- Our Work
- Access to Services
- Aging & Disabilities
- Children and Youth
- Coordinated Community Response
- Economic Justice
- Health Care
- Homicide Prevention & Reporting
- National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
- Outreach to Underserved Communities
- Public Policy
- Rural & Tribal
- Technology Safety
- Teen Dating Violence
- Wisconsin Batterers Treatment Providers Association
Shelter Advocate (Part Time)
Employer:DAIS (Domestic Abuse Intervention Services)
DAIS (Domestic Abuse Intervention Services) is seeking a part time shelter advocate to work in the emergency shelter with victims of domestic violence.
This is a part-time, hourly position. There are no benefits for this position. Overnights (this is an awake position), weekends, and holidays are required. Individuals who are most willing to work overnights will be given priority.
The shelter advocate position provides direct services to victims of domestic violence and their children who are staying in the emergency shelter or calling the crisis line. Duties include: assisting with the daily living needs of shelter residents, such as access to phone, food, medications, and personal care items; communicating shelter rules and expectations to residents; promptly addressing communal living concerns; modeling non-violent conflict resolution; and completing intakes/orientations for new shelter clients.
Experience in the field of domestic violence is highly desirable. As this position works directly with clients, experience working with diverse populations and excellent communication skills are required.
- A complete application, cover letter, and resume are required to be considered for this position. You may obtain an application from abuseintervention.org/get-involved/jobs/.
- This position will remain open until filled, with application reviews beginning on Tuesday March 5, 2013.
DAIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline for applications:Application reviews will begin on Tuesday March 5, 2013.
Contact:<p>Sherry Severson, (608) 251-1237, ext. 301</p>