- Our Work
- Access to Services
- Aging & Disabilities
- Children and Youth
- Coordinated Community Response
- Economic Justice
- Health Care
- Homicide Prevention & Reporting
- National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
- Outreach to Underserved Communities
- Public Policy
- Rural & Tribal
- Technology Safety
- Teen Dating Violence
- Wisconsin Batterers Treatment Providers Association
We need a push to get VAWA through the U.S. Senate!
Please call Senator Johnson and ask him to co-sponsor this important and historic re-authorization.
As you might know, the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Reauthorization passed out the Senate Committee last week; however, eight senators voted against the current version of the bill. We need to make sure enough Senators support VAWA so that it can quickly come to a vote. You can help by calling Senator Johnson (202-224-5323) and asking him to support and co-sponsor the re-authorization of the VAWA.
Here are some talking points:
- We know that Senator Johnson cares about ending domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking.
- The Violence Against Women Act is critical to our ability to address these crimes in Wisconsin.
- Economic analysis has shown VAWA saves billions of dollars and countless lives.
- Please support and co-sponsor of VAWA (s. 1925).
Email me, email@example.com, if you have any questions.
Thanks again for your tremendous advocacy and efforts!